This course is an online, paid, self-directed training that will offer introductory and beginner-level materials to learn the basics of immigration evaluations in Canada.
Objectives and goals
- Identify the role of clinicians and the purpose of assessments.
- Learn how to write comprehensive reports, including psychometric tools and structure, and learn to avoid pitfalls. process and scope of mental health assessment for immigration purposes.
- Incorporate the Istanbul Protocol and its guidelines into reports. Revisit professional ethics, professional competency, and the scope of mental health assessment for immigration purposes.
- Identify the components of a successful interview or assessment and best practices for structuring and managing the interview process.
Course creator and facilitator
- Trauma-informed therapist (RP) in private practice in Ottawa.
- English, Arabic, Armenian
- Individual, relationship, and group therapy (PTSD, IRB hearing support groups)
- Refugees, LGBTQI+ refugees, and asylum seekers.
- Forensic asylum evaluations for immigration court.
- Humanitarian Award winner in 2017
- Case consultations, report writing consultations.
- Trainings nationally and internationally
Get access to handouts and resources